1/17/2012

pretty words to say

This weekend I made mostly good choices. There were a few bad choices, like several handfuls of popcorn on Sunday night while watching Courageous and drinking more Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper than water, but for the most part, I selected my food wisely - eating lots of salads and soups when we went out for dinner - and made it to the gym on Saturday and on Monday.

And that's okay. Because it's a process. And processes take time.

And, as much as I love to see a smaller number on the scale, it's really not about losing weight. It's about gaining knowledge and a new lifestyle.








I lost weight this weekend. But I gained more knowledge. And I really can't wait to share all that I learned during this first week of the South Beach Diet (take three).

(title from "turpentine" by brandi carlile)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...