9/12/2010

it's the miracle of day


This afternoon I celebrated my sister-in-law's upcoming nuptials. It began with lunch with my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law along with her soon to be mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We ate at Chili's and took the time to get to know one another. There was an ease in the conversation, and I felt grateful that there are so many wonderful women in my life.

The bridal shower was next. Instead of purchasing a card from Target, I utilized one of the encouragement cards sent to me from Dayspring. There are still more to be sent, but I knew that an encouragement card would be best for a soon-to-be bride.

It's been almost two years since I said "I do." And we have had our share of ups and downs. I know this will never end. It is a part of being married, a part of being human. And during both the ups and the downs, we all need encouragement. Sometimes the encouragement is to keep going, keep praying, do not give up. Other times the encouragement is to say you are doing a good job and to remind you that you are on the right path. Still, other times the encouragement is to remind you that someone else is there to sit with you, to watch a tasteful (or distasteful movie), or to just laugh with you.

We all need encouragement. I have several more cards to send, with specific people already in mind. Some of them I know what they are going through, and others I don't know the full extent. What I do know is that even if the words are not spoken out loud we all need someone to remember us and to offer a simple thank you for being my friend gesture.

(title from "for the morning" by alli rogers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...