9/08/2010

my head is in the clouds

It's raining outside, and I am inside my office, enjoying the last ten minutes of my lunch break. Oklahoma's recent weather has made my yearning for Michigan much more realized. The almost start of fall feels like summer in Michigan. The almost start of small even smells like Michigan. And it reminds me how badly I miss the lake, the geese and swans, walking to town for ice cream, and kayaking. I have so many memories from my weeks spent in Michigan, and I would love nothing more than to return now.

I have a yearning to take pictures. Pictures of flowers and clouds and life and wonderful, amazing things that I find. I need to turn the yearning into a reality and find the beauty here. Because right now, I am meant to live my life out on Oklahoma soil.

But.. it won't stop me from thinking about, dreaming about, and remembering Michigan.

clouds over mackinac island
lake huron
lighthouse on mackinac island.
It's not that I don't love Oklahoma because I do. But my heart feels so much more at peace up North.

Still, this is where I am called to be. This is where God has placed me. My roots are slowly growing into the red clay. And flowers are beginning to bloom. It's too soon to go into specifics, but God is showing me exactly what a little water, fertilizer, sunlight, and patience can do.

If it were up to me, I would have bloomed already, but it is up to Him and Him alone. And He knows best.

(title from "will you dance me" by julianne hough)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...