10/26/2012

high five for friday (link-up)

This week hasn't been the easiest thanks to giving up diet coke and diet dr. pepper while battling a cold/upper respiratory infection. But this week has been wonderful. So I am linking up with From My Grey Desk and giving a high five to Friday!
1. I didn't eat any fast food this week. At least not the kind that McDonald's serves. I stuck to places like Jason's Deli and Panera Bread. And I stayed within my calorie range every day this week. A huge accomplishment for any week (weight loss is hard!) but an even bigger accomplishment when all I really wanted to do was eat lots of macaroni and cheese... (And for those wondering, I track what I eat with MyFitnessPal and wear the BodyMedia Fit to track my activity [I forgot to wear it Thursday so it does an approximation of calories burned; I know it's off by several hundred]. The combination of the two is what is helping me succeed. I feel so accountable to myself, and I can tell how much better I feel already!)

2. I haven't had a coffee or a diet anything since Sunday. I've been drinking water and green tea. There were a few times I almost caved - especially since I somewhat convinced myself that I was more sick because I was withdrawing from the bad for you diet sodas. But I didn't give in.
3. They (finally) started wiring our house with electricity this week! Originally it was supposed to be wired last week but there were some issues with the electrician. Our builder called me on Wednesday to give me the bad news that they didn't know when the wiring would start. Lots of talk abotu contracts and permits and the city. I was a little (okay a lot) frustrated. And I might have talked about it with people. But then, just a few hours later, the builder texted me a picture of an electricians van parked on our soon-to-be driveway. Closing is still pushed back I think, but we're moving along still. So our house continues to teach me about patience, and God continues to remind me that He has it all under control and that I need to stop freaking out.

4. I blogged this week. Four posts total. It's been a long time (too long!) since I made my blog a priority and that has got to change. I tend to do better with everything when I am blogging. Maybe it's because I feel more accountable? Not sure. But I do know I feel more like myself when I'm writing and engaging and just doing something for me.
5. I've run/walked a total of five miles this week. Some were with the dogs around the neighborhood and some were on the elliptical. I almost didn't go to the gym yesterday because I just didn't want to, but I had the time so I made myself go. Best decision I have made this week. It helped me realize that I have to do these things -- eat right, exercise, drink water -- even when I don't want to. I know that's not mind blowing but for me it was. I've thought about it before but never practiced it or claimed it as knowledge.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...