10/17/2012

weight loss wednesday (week 7)

I feel like, recently, I’ve been doing just enough. It's why I've conveniently missed writing this post for almost a month.

I’ve made it to the gym at least once every week but not really more than that. I’ve counted my calories four days out of every week but not every day of the week. I’ve drunk at least one bottle of water but not enough water.

This has resulted in no weight loss but no weight gain. And while I am glad the number on the scale is not increasing, I’m frustrated the number is not shrinking. Similarly my waist is staying the same. Also better than growing, but I would prefer it to shrink.

I know what to do. I know what works for me. But I get lazy. And I get tired. And I continue to put other things in front of the gym and eating well. I choose the easier path rather than the path I really want to travel down.

And then I grow silent. I tell myself that since I’m not doing all the right things through the week that I shouldn’t even write anything at all. That allows the cycle to begin again and keeps me from moving forward. I’m tired of being in this same spot. It’s time to move out of it.

BodyMedia and MyFitnessPal recently joined forces. This means I have no excuse to not track what I eat. The amount of resources MyFitnessPal has combined with the BodyMedia LINK tracking my every move and snore means I can (and will) be successful.

So I am back on this train of healthiness. I’m reminding myself that I am important and that I deserve to succeed. And I’m not giving up.

Thank you for sticking with me in my absence and please feel free to send any encouraging words. We can all use the reminder that we can succeed and that we are not alone!

Today’s Weight: 225

Total Loss: 40 pounds

What I craved this week: Lots of soups! It’s finally getting cool in Oklahoma, and I am taking every opportunity I can to eat soup. I’m also so, so ready to be settled in our new house so I can find my cookware (it’s packed…somewhere) and start making my own soups and chilis!

 What I noticed was different about my body: My stomach is flatter than it was compared to when I first began this journey. I’m trying to focus on what it will be like when it is 100% flat and not worry about the possibility of extra skin.

Also, earlier in the month, I participated in the Dirty 30 Race (Zombie Edition). It was freezing and grey, and I didn’t complete every obstacle (dang knees!) but I loved every second of it. I loved that I felt like I was capable of attempting the race and that I completed it – muddy and wet.

Workouts planned for this week: Right now? None. I need to get out of bed in the morning and get moving right away! I’m planning to squeeze in 30-minutes on the elliptical this afternoon/evening. I need the chance to sweat and clear my head.

Personal Goal(s) for this week: Track everything I eat for the next week and always wear my BodyMedia Link. I think this will really help me to focus and see just how much (or how little) I am doing.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week: You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt
What I'm looking forward to: Growing. I am in yet another season of change. But it’s more about growth. Growth with my walk with God, growth in my marriage, and growth in friendships. I know getting healthy will only help with this time of growth.

And then there’s growth in the physical sense. Muscles getting stronger. Body getting slimmer. I can’t wait to be able to do so many things I never thought I would. I can’t wait to continue to train for runs and marathons and obstacle courses and then see how that training plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...