10/31/2012

weight loss wednesday (week 9)

Today’s Weight: 222

Total Loss: 43 (I lost 2 pounds over the past week!)

What I craved this week: Jason's Deli frozen yogurt. Which I have eaten when I've had lunch (or dinner) there. I've done really well with only having one serving of frozen yogurt, and I have slowly diminished the size of the serving. I haven't eaten anything fried in over a week, and I do not miss it. I've heard lots of people say that once the food is out of your system it gets easier. I never really let it get out of my system, but now I understand.

I don't think making good choices is always easy. Take Tuesday for example. I had lunch with a friend. She ate a margharita pizza while I stuck to half a salad and soup. I would have preferred pizza, but I enjoyed the soup and salad. And I knew I was making the right choice for me.

We went to dinner Tuesday night as well at a local restaurant that specializes in hamburgers and pizza. Again I would have loved pizza. Or a burger with french fries. But I wasn't craving it. And I didn't need it. So I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with avocado, a cup of baja chicken tortilla soup, and a cup of steamed veggies. And I felt full. It's great to feel full while fueling my body with good food.

One day I will be able to moderate how much I eat, but right now, I want to eat as much as possible so healthy choices it is!

What I noticed was different about my body: My stomach isn't super bloated by the end of the day. This is huge for me. I am so used to it being much bigger at the end of the day when compared to the mornings. But when I eat better and drink better (no fried foods and no diet soda), my stomach tends to stay about the same size which I love.

My waist is also getting smaller. My legs stronger as well. I love being able to see the changes. But there are other changes I feel but don't see. Like I know my body better. I know what I need to do to burn calories. And I know I have to push myself more because I am capable. No more fear standing in my way.

And... I lost two pounds this week. Did I already mention that? I think I am a little (okay a LOT) excited!

Workouts planned for this week: I completed a total of five work-outs last week. This week I am hoping for six. I'd like to continue to incorporate more strength training as well. I plan to continue with an ab, butt and thigh work-out I pinned and to hopefully find more arm work-outs. I'm ready to see more muscles and less flab! I would also like to complete at least two 5K's on the elliptical as I completed one 5K on the elliptical on Tuesday of last week (aka yesterday).

Personal Goal(s) for this week: Continue to track. I hate tracking. But I know it works. I do not limit my calories well, and I'm not the best at "guessing" how many calories everything has. Tracking takes all the guesswork out and forces me to stay where I need to be. I would also like to have at least three days where I burn over 3000 calories. Burning that many calories leaves me with a very nice sized deficit which is exactly what I need to see weight loss on the scale. I had two days of over 3000 calories burned, and I loved how accomplished it made me feel.

I would also like to schedule a time to hit the pool. I swam for years, and I know how good of a work out it provides. I would really like to spend at least 30-minutes every week swimming away the pounds. It's up to me to decide when to do this and how to fit it in. I'm going to make sure to do it this week; I am (currently) hoping I can fit it in early Friday mornings.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week: "Transformation is not five minutes from now; it's a present activity. In this moment you can make a different choice, and it's these small choices and successes that build up over time to help cultivate a healthy self-image and self-esteem." - Jillian Michaels

What I'm looking forward to: Working out more. And feeling it the next day. One of my favorite, and least favorite, parts about working out with a trainer was how sore I was the next day. Being sore meant I had pushed myself the day before. Now it's up to me to push myself - without getting hurt. I can't wait to feel (and see!) the effects of pushing myself more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...