10/24/2012

weight loss wednesday (week 8)

Today’s Weight: 224

Total Loss: 41 (I lost one pound over the past week - finally!)

What I craved this week: I didn't have any specific cravings - except for more soup. Really, when I ate something I shouldn't have, it was because it was there - not because I was craving it. So I am going to do my best to stay away from eating things that are not good for me - even when it means saying no to eating at certain places and spending time with people at restaurants.

What I noticed was different about my body: I bought semi-fitted crop pants. The kind I never thought I would be able to wear. You know the ones that are a little tight and do not have a tie around the waist. And my butt looks good in them. Or at least decent.

My body is strong, and I am so much more capable than I thought. I ran a mile in 11:30 on the elliptical this week. It was my fastest mile ever. And just two days prior I had run the mile in 13:30 thinking I wouldn't be able to go any faster for a while. But I can and I did.

Workouts planned for this week: Lots of running on the elliptical. I also purchased new resistance bands to help strengthen my legs, so I plan on utilizing those as well. I want to make sure I get in enough cardio and weight/resistance training. Time to be strong and lean! I started fighting off a cold on Monday morning, so I'm not sure what my morning work outs will be like. I would love, love, love to fit in a spin class or swimming at some point this week. I used to be able to do those on my lunch break, and I miss them dearly. Maybe on Saturday?

Personal Goal(s) for this week: No more diet coke or diet anything. My husband and I sat down for dinner Sunday night, and I devoured delicious sashimi and fresh summer rolls. And he told me how worried he was about my love of diet coke and how he wanted to support me in being "hard core" about getting healthy. He talked about the negatives of diet coke and how he felt like drinking it would negate any other progress I made. So I am listening and giving up the best carbonated drink ever.

I'm also ready to get better. I came home from work sick on Tuesday and spent lots of time on the couch. My fever finally broke after bundling up with fuzzy socks, a sweatshirt, and two thick blankets. Luckily I've done well with my eating while sick - turning to tomato soup instead of macaroni and cheese which is my comfort food of choice.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week:

What I'm looking forward to: Nailing down a workout schedule. If I am going to do this (and I am), then I need to stick to a schedule. Also working out to Taylor Swift's new CD, Red. And running at least one 5K on the elliptical. And finally a full week of good, healthy food decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...