12/05/2012

weight loss wednesday (week 14)

Today’s Weight: 216 lbs.

Total Loss: 49 lbs.

(Somehow I lost a total of THREE POUNDS over the last week! I'm honestly shocked given the amount of stress in my life right now. It's all good stress, but still it is stress. I'm just hoping the loss isn't a fluke and that I don't gain the weight back over the next week.)

What I craved this week: I don't know if there have been all that many cravings, but I do know that I have not made the best decisions when it comes to food. My life is very unsettled right now. I have no idea where any of our silverware is. I also don't know where my Crock Pot is. Needless to say, we've eaten out a lot. Pizza one night, Taco Bueno another night.. My choices have not always been the best, but they have been better than in the past. I'm off work Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, so I am hopeful about getting the rest of the house unpacked and put away.

What I noticed was different about my body: I can tell my love handles are ever so slowly disappearing. My thighs are also getting smaller. In the morning, my stomach is flatter, but then, depending on food choices, my stomach is more bloated. I think my face is also getting smaller. It is almost like I have a neck and a chin now.

I finally bought orthotics for my feet. And as much as I hate to admit it, they are helping. My plantar fascitis is still killing me, but I am doing what I can to make it better. Rolling my feet on an ice cold can helps a lot after a hard day.

What do you think? Where can you tell the most that I've lost weight? Or can you tell? Sometimes (okay.. MOST of the time) it is so hard to see the progress in yourself when you look in the mirror.

Workouts planned for this week: Work outs.. What are those?

Between closing and moving and trying to unpack, as well as dealing with little hiccups in the house [like no hot water], I have not been to the gym. I'm hoping to get into a routine next week that will allow me to work out regularly.  I know how important exercise is, but until I am settled in my house, it's hard to focus on anything else.

But I do have a designated work out room. So I need to start using it to work out. I am considering joining Jena, Meghan, and Sar on the 30-Day Shred. But I am terrified. I've done the 30-Day Shred before (though I never finished) and it is super hard. I might need some inspiration and motivation to get it done! And support.

Personal Goal(s) for this week: I want to get unpacked. I honestly think unpacking and settling into my house will help so much. It will clear my mind and allow me to see myself as truly living in our house. Right now it feels like a dream.

I also want to start drinking more water again. I do well for a few weeks, and then coffee comes calling. After coffee, diet coke starts knocking on ym door. And I am just too polite to say no to either.
Favorite Quote(s) for this week:


What I'm looking forward to: I am so excited for the next few weeks. My parents are coming to visit soon. I'm taking more time off work than I have in a very long time. All of these things are wonderful, but I also know they could help to deter me off the weight loss path. I want to prove to myself that I can enjoy the holidays without compromising on my health.

I don't think I will be in one-derland by Christmas. Though it would be amazing if I were. So I am focusing on being in one-derland by the beginning of 2013.

How are you doing this week? Tell me about it in the comments. I would love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie! You look fabulous! Congratulations on the three pound week! I use my apartment gym but don't have a scale. I'm thinking I need to buy one to keep track. I had been using hubby's work gym to weight in but we are cutting it out of the budget next year. Its to expensive and inconvenient for me. Boohoo! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! "too polite to say no to either" - that is so me! When I make any concession from water it is always the slippery slope leading straight back to sodas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...