1/06/2013

sunday social (link up)

1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year? Yes and no.

I really want 2013 to be the year I lose all this excess weight. I've been at it since 2011. I don't want to still be at it in 2014.. unless it's just to lose the last 20 or less pounds.

I joined Weight Watchers days before the new year. Being on that plan makes me feel less overwhelmed by losing weight. I do not have to limit what I eat. No foods are off limits. And for some reason, knowing foods are not off limits helps me. It's better to have a little than to eat too much just because you know you aren't supposed to.

2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the Holidays? I am struggling to get back into the gym. I'm scared. I was so good at working out and then I stopped. Then I got hurt. It's time for fear to stop having a place (my quote for 2013) and for me to just do it.

I would say start small. You aren't going to be the fittest person at the gym. And that's okay. Also remember that people are glad you're there. I feel so out of place at the gym sometimes since I am not fit as a whistle, but I have been told by many people how inspiring it is to them to see people working to get health.

3. Favorite thing you did over the Holidays? I loved having my parents in town right before Christmas. They were a huge help with our house and our garage!

I also loved spending time with friends. We went to church on Christmas Eve with two of our friends and then also rang in 2013 with them. There was good food, lots of laughter, and a drinking game.

It was also a joy to get to be Santa Clause for some children in foster care. Even though we never see them open their gifts, I love knowing we helped to make sure kids had a good Christmas.

4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2013 that you did not in 2012? 2012 was wonderful to me. But I have pretty high hopes for 2013 (higher than they were for last year!). A song to live up to, a word to remember, a quote to live by, and resolutions.

What it all really comes down to is being present. I want to enjoy what 2013 - including the bad - and live a life of love for the year. Doing that.. I think everything else will fall into place.

5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why: My husband and I have a trip booked to Branson, MO for March. It will be the first vacation we take, just the two of us, since our honeymoon in 2009.

I have plans to grow this blog. When I started writing, it was just a hobby. I didn't take it seriously and see it as a place to truly share and help others. I see it as that now, and I am excited to take it seriously though still have fun with it and be true to myself.

I'm excited for Weight Watchers. It's helping me a lot to be around people who struggle with the same things I do. And to know I am accountable, via my bank account, to get healthy and lose the weight. I feel like it is going to be a highlight of the year for me.
Sunday Social

2 comments:

  1. I joined weight watchers this year as well. Only I'm using an outside app that I found because I don't have the funds for it. Good luck & I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard nothing except good things about Weight Watchers, and not just from fake people in the commercials. I think I'm going to sign up. It can't hurt, right? Happy week!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...