1/16/2013

weight loss wednesday (week 20)

Starting Weight: 265 lbs.

Goal Weight: 155 lbs.

Today’s Weight: 221.8 lbs.

Total Loss: 43.2 lbs.

No weight lost this week. It's honestly expected. Between swollen knees, eating my feelings a bit more than normal, and it being that time of the month, weight loss was almost impossible. But I maintained. And maintenance deserves to be celebrated as well!

Pounds Left To Lose: 66.8 lbs.

What I craved this week: I still craved comfort food, and I ate it. I kept telling myself and everyone around me that I had the Weekly Points to use. And then I used all my weekly points by the end of the day Monday. Not that has stopped me from eating TWO bread bowls at Panera this week... There's 15 points in the bread bowl alone.

What I noticed was different about my body:  I'm having a hard time with body image this week. All I can see is swollen ankles, swollen knees, arms losing muscle definition, shrinking boobs.. But I know that everything will even out in the end.

And I know that I am beautiful. I can't trust the image I see in the mirror.
Workouts planned for this week: None.
My surgery is in nine days. I'm hurting because of the cold and using my other leg to compensate for my left knee. So there is no gym. I have been walking more, though, and I logged almost an hour of activity last week.

Soon I won't be able to walk, so I am enjoying being on my feet as much as I can. And I am ignoring the pain as much as I can. I'll be resting soon enough.

Personal Goal(s) for this week:
 Last week, I wanted to use my Weekly Points wisely. That didn't happen. My attitude took a nosedive, so I want to get back to having a better attitude.

I know recovery is going to be difficult and painful. I also know I will likely gain some weight back. And I know that the surgery is only the beginning.

But I also know there is no reason to be defeated. I've had surgery before. And I have recovered before. In the past, my attitude was not as good as it is right now. I am hopeful of how well recovery will go with an improved attitude.
Food is going to be the only way I lose weight over the next several weeks. So I need to focus on healthy items. Time to stock my freezer with Yoplait smoothies! I can pretend like I am eating lots of ice cream and enjoy 16 ounce smoothies for 6 PointsPlus total!

And I think this will be a wonderful opportunity to look at food as nutrition - not as a response to life. I want to love fruits and vegetables by the end of this recovery.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week: "The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

Thanks again to Sam at The Ruby Turtle Hippie Times for this format. I am linking up with her, and you should too!

button

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I think January is just tough overall, at least it is for me. I am in SUCH a funk the last couple of weeks! At least you maintained, and you're right, that deserves to be celebrated too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for maintaining! That is what I am doing right now too. Can't complain about that too much. We will have it perfected once we get down to our goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! That's a great verse! I've heard from trainers that most weight loss comes from nutrition instead of gym time. I gained 2 pounds unfortunately. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started following your blog today! I am 220.4 and my goal is 160. I'm looking forward to reading your successes! Let's do this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I hope your surgery goes well! keep up the good work! sounds like you're pushing through even during trying weeks.

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    {PS - I'm giving away a fitness notebook & would love for you to win!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. That verse from Exodus is my very favorite. Another variation is "Cease striving", which I really like.

    I found your blog through Life of Meg and I'm looking forward to following along :) :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...