1/02/2013

weight loss wednesday (week 18)

It's been a few weeks since I've checken in with y'all. It's been a few weeks of trying to convince myself that the number on the scale wasn't right. It just had to be wrong. After weighing a few dumbells on it, I realized that the number wasn't wrong. I'd just let go of any and all self-control.

That's one of the reasons I joined Weight Watchers. Even though I wanted to say I did it all on my own, I understand that I just wasn't going to do it all on my own. I also started to realize that I needed to stop focusing on weight loss and dieting and start focusing on healthy living and making these changes permanent.

I've also realized that Weight Watchers is not going to be a magical fix in my journey to lose weight (and never find it again). I am still going to be the one making healthy choices. I am going to be the one eating more fruit and vegetables. I am going to be the one doing the work. Weight Watchers will simply be there to help me and support me. I can celebrate my successes in meetings and also ask for help when I fail.

All that being said, I'm weighing in today and giving an honest number. I last weighed in a month ago. That means I have spent the past four weeks lying to myself and pretending I didn't gain weight. When I weighed in on December 5th, my weight was 216...
Today’s Weight: 223 lbs.

Total Loss: 42 lbs.

I've gained a total of 7 pounds from my weekly weigh in last month. And I am okay with that. There are a few things that contributed to the weight gain.
  1. We moved, and I started using a different scale. The scale at my in-laws house was a little nicer (and probably not as acquerate).
  2. I haven't worked out in... I honestly don't remember the last time I worked out.
  3. I stopped tracking.
  4. The Holidays.
  5. I got hurt.
The good news? I am down 2 pounds from where I weighed in Saturday (and down 3.8 pounds from the Weight Watchers scale in jeans and tennis shoes). On Monday morning, I weighed in at 221 lbs and then proceeded to eat more than I should have (and drank just as much.. if not more). So I am back in the game and will see 216 soon!

What I craved this week: Diet Coke. I really wanted one when I saw Les Miserables at the movies yesterday. Something about the movie theatre makes me want soda. But I said no. I've been diet coke free for 19 days! Two more days and it will be a habit...

What I noticed was different about my body:  I am getting smaller - ever so slowly. Though my face hasn't quite caught up to other body parts...

I miss my muscles. Between wearing a brace on my left knee, not walking up stairs normally due to my left knee, and my lack of gym time, I've lost some tone. I need to get it back.

Workouts planned for this week: I don't have any specific plans. I do think I need to spend some quality time in the pool and on the stationary bicycle. I can also start focusing on upper body strength training.

Whatever I do, it needs to be low impact and help me to get back into the habit of exercise. It also would be great if I could slowly strengthen my knees without causing any (more) harm.

Personal Goal(s) for this week: Stay on plan!

I used all my weekly points (and then some) on New Years Eve between the alcohol and appetizers and food and dessert. So I am really watching what and how much I consume for the week.

I also want to make and hang inspiraton around my house. I've been doing a lot of reading lately about obesity and knees. For every pound overweight, there's an additional 3 to 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. So no wonder mine are so tired, sore, and hurt. The more I lose the less they'll hurt. I'm excited to (eventually) get down to a healthy BMI and weight.

I'm planning on taking my measurements this week. I ordered a fancy measuring tape from Amazon, so I plan to start using measurements as a way to track. That should be even better and more beneficial than the scale.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week: “Selfish isn't a dirty word. It means we take care of ourselves and are able to give back.” Jillian Michaels

“Part of abandoning the all-or-nothing mentality is allowing yourself room for setbacks. We are bound to have lapses on the road to health and wellness, but it is critical that we learn how to handle small failures positively so that we can minimize their long-term destructive effects. One setback is one setback—it is not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you.” Jillian Michaels

Thanks again to Sam at The Ruby Turtle Hippie Times for this format. I am linking up with her, and you should too!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the progress so far! I really want to lose weight but have never managed to stick with a plan because I never see results. I wish you the best of luck, truly!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're on your way! The 5th time (or so) I went back to weight watchers the receptionist told me something I'll never forget. She said "if you could do this on your own... You already would have." It totally made me mad, but also made me think. Yeah, WW is a tool and keeps you accountable, but it is YOU who makes the weight loss happen. I still struggle with my weight. But you're really doing it right.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...