11/21/2012

weight loss wednesday (week 12)

Today’s Weight: 221 lbs.
I gained a pound over the past week. I was kind of surprised I didn't gain more (you can see why here and here.) It's not the direction I want to go, but I chose to eat how I did so I know it's my responsibility to make better choices in the future. Even though now I want all the bad foods again. It's a vicious, vicious cycle.

Total Loss: 44 lbs.

What I craved this week: I consumed a lot of unhealthy foods this past week. Like pizza. I also had a huge (and delicious) cheeseburger with a side of fries on Saturday night.. along with a few beers and a mixed drink. I want to be able to enjoy myself when we go out with friends, so I do. This wouldn't be a problem except that I don't plan ahead throughout the week to have leftover calories to use on the weekends.

What I noticed was different about my body: I bought pants in a size 14. I could (and still can) hardly believe it. While I know I can not wear a size 14 in every single pant, at least I found I had to buy at least two pairs in a 14 as a size 16 was far too big.

Even with that success, I felt frumpy this week. It's probably because I haven't made it to the gym nearly enough. I blame my left knee and right foot for that. As well as myself for not managing my time better.

Workouts planned for this week: Last year, I ran a 5K on the elliptical the morning of Thanksgiving Day. I would love to start Thanksgiving Day off the same way, but we don't live close to a 24-hour gym. So I am hoping to take the dogs on a lengthy walk Thursday morning as long as my knee feels strong enough. I need to sweat, but the calorie burn is not worth injuring myself more. (Side note: I said Thanksgiving Day morning work outs were going to be a tradition, and I meant it. So I will figure out a way to sweat this year without hurting myself more/again).

Work has been bananas lately (can anyone name that Gwen Stefani song?). And I have done an awful job of making time for myself and for the gym. I have a four day weekend, so no more excusues. I'm going to make every day this weekend an active one in some form or fashion. I'm planning to work out Monday evening and Tuesday evening as well. Hopefully those plans will turn into reality! I miss the gym, weights, and the elliptical.

Personal Goal(s) for this week: I had a second week of not making my goals. If I keep this up, I will most definitely not be in one-derland by Christmas. So it's time to get serious. I am going to repeat my goals of the past two weeks. My goals (third time's a charm!) include: continuing to track what I eat, limit sweets, complete 20 minutes of vigorous activity twice over the next week, and have three days with a 1200 calorie deficit. I am also hoping to lower the number of calories I eat on at least two days from 1713 to 1513.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week:  Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. -- Thomas Edison

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. -- Benjamin Mays

What I'm looking forward to: I have a four-day weekend after today. And I need the break desperately. Last weekened was wonderful but short. I am so excited for time to re-energize and focus on myself and my family.

We are inching closer to completion of our house. And I do mean inching. I plan on spending some time in prayer over everything because I can't do any of this (building a house, moving, losing weight) without His strength.

I am also going to really think about why I started. I read an amazing post by Rachel and Simple Little Joys yesterday and it has stuck with me. I need to focus on the why and the how and then make it happen.


How are you doing this week? Tell me about it in the comments. I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...