Happy does not even begin to described how I feel about being nominated. Thrilled is probably a better word. Thank you so much Amanda and Jess for nominating me!
So what is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for sweetest, valued, welcome and/or favorite.
I love the idea of lifting up other bloggers and helping them to gain more followers, so I am excited to participate on this beautiful Monday!
Each nominee must share 11 things about themselves.
Answer the 11 questions set for you and create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Nominate promising new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
1. I am horrible with dates. For the first two years of our marriage, I would look up my husband's birthday on Facebook because I never could remember it.
2. I've spent equal time as a blonde and as a brunette. I don't remember what my actual natural hair color is. It's a kind of brown; I just don't know what exactly.
3. I'm allergic to cats.
4. I absolutely love macaroni and cheese. I think it should be it's own (healthy) food group.
5. I can't eat a lot of pork without getting sick.
6. I always read the end of a book. Normally, I'll make it half-way (sometimes three-quarters) through before flipping to the back of the book and learning how it ends. If it doesn't end the way I want it to, I sometimes don't finish it.
7. I have two tattoos. One on my right ankle and one on the back of my neck. I'm itching for a third.
8. I've had 5 dogs in my life. They've all had some lab (or all lab) in them. Only one of those 5 dogs have actually liked the water.
9. If I could meet any person alive, I would meet Justin Timberlake. If that doesn't scream teenybopper, I don't know what does. I probably need to work on wanting to meet other people.
10. My physical therapist called me TMZ this morning because I knew all about the latest Hollywood gossip. I was a little embarassed. I used to keep up with all the gossip but I really try not to now. Apparently I need to try harder...
11. I'm more afraid of success than failure. I think it's why I haven't finished my novel. I want to, but I wonder what will happen if I do finish it and succeed. I'm not sure I can think up enough story ideas to actually continue to be successful.
(1-11 from Amanda; 12-22 from Jesse)1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I would love to be working part-time. We'll probably have a few kids in our house. Our hope is to foster and/or adopt, so I'm not sure of what ages. Still married. At my goal weight and maintaining.
2. Who or what got you to start blogging? I love writing and felt like it was time to put my writing out there. I also wanted to document my journey to lose weight as well as to share my faith.
3. What is your guilty pleasure? Reality TV. All kinds of reality TV - Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, Catfish, Keeping Up With The Kardashians....
4. If you could pick anyone living or dead to have dinner with who would it be? I would love to have dinner with Jesus. I think it would just be awesome to get to sit down with him and audibly hear his responses. I would also love to sit down and talk with Julie Buxbaum. She is one of my favorite authors.
5. What is your favorite make up product? I'm not the biggest wearer of make-up. I buy my foundation and powder and everything else from CVS and Target. Nail polish is something I splurge on and own too much of.
6. What is your favorite meal to cook for the family? Turkey chili in the Crock Pot! It's easy and makes enough for several meals.
7. Winter in the cabins or summer at the beach? Summer at the beach! Even though I'm not a huge fan of being in a swimsuit.
8. Do you have a family tradition and what is it? I grew up going to church on Christmas Eve and then looking for Santa Clause in the sky on our way home. My husband and I have a tradition of buying gifts for children in foster care.
9. What is your favorite type of movies? Romantic comedies and chick flicks.
10. How did you meet your best friend? I met both my best friends in college through Sigma Phi Lambda.
11. If school and money didn't matter and you can just snap your fingers and do it what career would you choose? I would be a writer and a therapist.
12. What is your favorite book? The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank.
13. What's your favorite time of year? I love the Spring and the Fall. Anything that isn't too hot and calls for just a cardigan is my kind of weather!
14. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Suttons Bay, MI. I grew up spending summers there and have wonderful memories of swimming in the bay, walking to town for ice cream, kayaking to the library, having adventures in the creek, etc. I absolutely love it up there!
15. If you could eat only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Ice Cream! I have a pretty big sweet tooth - especially for frozen goodness!
16. If you could be famous for any reason, what would it be? Two things - a Broadway star! This is never going to happen in real life but a girl can dream. I would love to spend my days singing on Broadway and dancing on stage. The other more likely option is a writer.
17. Why did you start blogging? See number 2!
18. What is your dream job? See number 11!
19. What is your ideal way to spend a day off? (Nothing to get done, no work, etc.) I would sleep in until 8:30am and then head to the gym. Spin class, please! After spin class, I would head out for breakfast and then come home for a nice relaxing shower. Then it would be time to read or write. After that, lunch! I'd probably want to go out for lunch or have someone come to my house to cook for me. Then it would be time to go see an afternoon movie followed by a little shopping. Then dinner and dessert! I'd also find time to catch up on my DVR.
20. What is your favorite tv show? I really like How I Met Your Mother, Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon A Time, Glee and Big Bang Theory. My new show that I'm loving is Bunheads. I can't pick a favorite.
21. What is your dream vacation? An all-inclusive trip to somewhere tropical. I'm all about laying out by the pool or ocean and just relaxing. Even better would be if I was at my goal weight and felt comfortable in a swimsuit.
22. East coast or west coast? I have to go with the East Coast! I just love New York City too much.
And... apparently I need to find more new blogs. Most blogs have more than 200 followers. What newer blogs should I visit?
1. What is your first childhood memory?
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
3. If you could visit any part of history (ala a time machine), what would it be?
4. What is your favorite quote?
5. What is your favorite song?
6. If you could change your name, would you? Why or why not?
7. What is your favorite memory?
8. Backstreet Boys or 'NSync?
9. The Hunger Games or Twilight?
10. What is the best way to spend Friday night?
11. What is your favorite place to visit?
(PS: Make sure to link up with Meg for Mingle Monday!)