2/11/2013

stream of consciousness (a list for monday)

1. I started reading 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker over the weekend. It's already wrecked me. I'm ready to get rid of my clothes for good. I don't think I could do just 7 pieces of clothing for a month, but I am ready to severely limit the amount of clothing I have. Part of that could be because until yesterday I had only worn work out clothes and for days at a time, I wore the same clothes without changing.

And then I changed out of yesterday's skirt as soon as we were back at home. Work out clothes are so much more comfortable.

2. The initials PT do not stand for Physical Therapy. They stand for Pain and Torture. I picked this up from the lady who waited on my father-in-law and I at breakfast. And it is so true. I honestly felt like my knee was going to explode today.

3. As hard as this recovery process is, I feel like it could very well be one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Not just because I might actually be able to walk and function like a normal person but also because I have so much more clarity on life and such.

And God has been so so good to us through this process. I'm blown away by the ways He has provided. I'm also blown away by the love, care, and comfort people have provided us.

4. I'm exhausted. Between trying to adjust to sleeping in a bed for the first time since surgery, which is not comfortable since I am stuck sleeping on my back, and bending my knee more often, it's hard to keep my eyes open after I've been up for a few hours.

5. I don't know when I am going back to work. I have a date I am striving for, but I don't know if it will happen. I'm just praying that my Short Term Disability is approved so I don't have to worry about losing entire paychecks.

6. My mom suggested that I create a schedule for myself every day. That way I don't waste hours and hours watching TV or movies. I'm taking her advice because I really have wasted several hours watching TV, and really this is an opportunity to blog and write that I need to take. Plus I can multitask while doing physical therapy at home and watch TV that way.

7. I am so excited about my new Sunday series - Lovely Lines. I love written words. Before PhotoShop and the Internet, I used to make quote journals. That's kind of what I see Lovely Lines as. I can only hope that maybe one day my words will be someone else's quotes to hold onto.

8. As a self-proclaimed teenybopper, it pains me to say that I was underwhelmed by many of the performances on the Grammy's. I love Taylor Swift (more than I should), but her performance last night was awful. She honestly sounds good in concert but not so much on award shows. And the theme made no sense. Also, while I love that Justin Timberlake is returning to music, I'm not digging his current sound. Maybe if this project doesn't do well, 'NSync can finally get back together.

9. I miss coffee. A lot. I have yet to master how to carry a drink while walking on crutches, so no coffee for me in the mornings.

10. I also miss driving. I have not driven a car since before surgery. I also have yet to sit in the front seat of a car. It's just a tad difficult to get into the front seat when I can't yet bend and lift my left leg. All of you with healthy legs and knees: you are so, so lucky. Knee surgery is the worst.

11. It's Monday, and I am already behind on my weekly schedule. Let's hope this isn't how the rest of the week will go. I blame it on having to finish the Grammy's this morning and the fact that I hurt too much to think after physical therapy.

PS: Go link up with Meg for Mingle Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...