2/21/2013

this month is my month

Last night, after attending a 16-year-old's sweet 16, we went grocery shopping. $100 later and enough food to last us for a week-and-a-half, we stopped for dinner at Sonic. I ordered a double cheeseburger and tater tots. I knew it was bad for me. I just didn't know how bad.

There are 30 PointsPlus in a double cheeseburger. 30 PointsPlus. That's almost an entire days worth of PointsPlus. And the calories? There are 900 calories in the double cheeseburger.

At one point, I would have forgotten to log my PointsPlus. And my calories. But I made a promise to myself to be honest. So I logged all of it. The points on WeightWatchers tracker and the calories on MyFitnessPal. And I promised myself that the next day would be better.

I don't know I'll do with staying under 1550 calories every day or staying within 36 PointsPlus every day. But I do know that I want to make better choices. It's why I made a sandwich for lunch today and ate it along with an orange and yogurt. It's why I have Zesty Italian CrockPot Chicken cooking right now. It's why I can't wait to make my lunch and dinner tomorrow and the day after that.

I found out on Tuesday that it's going to be another month until I can go back to working my full-time job. At least another month. Hopefully just another month. Another month of physical therapy three times a week. Another month of being at home during the week.

Before the doctor's appointment, I was down. I felt defeated. But after talking with the doctor, and hearing him say I'm healing well, I feel excited. My quadricep muscles were worthless before the surgery. And now, with the surgery and subsequent physical therapy, there's a good chance that I will heal and be strong.

So I am taking this month for myself. I am taking this month to rest more. I am taking this month to write. I am taking this month to cook and track. I am taking this month to pray. I am taking this month to think about what I want. I am taking this month to enjoy the simple things.

I am taking this month instead of letting it take me.

5 comments:

  1. I about fell off my couch when I looked up how many calories a cheeseburger from Sonic had (after I ate it of course :D)...it's not hard for me to see how I ended up weighing what I weigh. :)

    -Sarah @ messofme.com (messofme@ymail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar moment when I looked up how many PlusPoints were in boneless wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. I nearly fell to the floor. I had a 5k race that day, and those points barely did any dent to those wings! We all have been there - being honest is the key to making sure we don't go there again (or at least not as often).

    Good for you for taking care of yourself. You can't get to where you want to be unless you take care of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small changes add up. If you can't cut everything out right away do a little at a time. I am struggling as well. My husband wants to go out to eat tonight and I really don't know how well I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My all time favorite breakfast at McD's is 28 points...also looked up AFTER I ate it of course! Thanks for sharing your journey. I've been praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is your month and you can own it! Healing is work and 100% worth it. It's worth the pain, sweat, and tears. You can do it! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...