2/06/2013

weight loss wednesday (week 23)

Starting Weight: 265 lbs.

Goal Weight: 155 lbs.

Today’s Weight: 222.6 lbs.

Total Loss: 42.2 lbs.

I've gained 1.4 pounds since knee surgery. While I wanted to make it through knee surgery with no weight gain, I understand why I've gained some. Recovery means I have been the majority of my time on the couch. I'm happy that I haven't gained more than 1.4 pounds when I easily could have gained several more pounds.

It's still hard to know exactly what I weigh as I have a brace on my left knee and hold onto crutches to keep my balance.

Pounds Left To Lose: 66.4 lbs.

What I craved this week: If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I've been craving Fruit Loops. That's my favorite cereal, and it has hit the spot every single time I've eaten it. I've also enjoyed a few frozen yogurt twists from Braum's this week.

What I noticed was different about my body:  I'm continuing to get stronger. Slowly, ever so slowly, but still stronger. On Tuesday, I spent the entire day at home by myself, and I managed to get dressed on my home, take a little sponge bath, and take care of my hair with dry shampoo. It doesn't sound like much, and I would have much rather taken an actual shower and washed my hair with real shampoo and conditioner, but it was a lot.

I'm proud of how far I have come over the past few days. Now I just need to ensure I am able to get into the front of one of our cars, so I can head back to work on Thursday.

Workouts planned for this week: No specific work outs planned, but I do have my first physical therapy session scheduled for 8:15am today.

I'm excited to start physical therapy and begin the road to recovery. I'm also excited because the physical therapist I will be working with has a special interest in fitness and enjoys working with athletes of any age.

I've decided to consider myself an athlete from now on. Because that is ultimately what I have spent the past few years working toward. Yes, I want to lose over 100 pounds. But more than that, I want to change my life.

I want to learn how to ride a bike and then ride said bike for miles and miles. I want to dive into a pool and work myself up to racing and winning races. I want to spend my weekends doing 5Ks. I want to be fit and strong and not overwhelmed in the gym.

Personal Goal(s) for this week: My goals for this week are the same as last week. I want to remain focused. Focused on future work outs. Focused on eating well this week. Focused on drinking lots of water. Focused on being positive. Focused on not giving up.

I also want to be able to get into the front of a car. I tried on Tuesday night and was almost able to, but my legs are a bit too long. It was frustrating. And I got angry. My husband reminded me again that this is a time of testing and that I need to be patient and to trust in the process and trust in God. I need to remember that this week and to be joyful in all circumstances instead of instantly becoming angry.

Favorite Quote(s) for this week:

Thanks again to Sam at The Ruby Turtle Hippie Times for this format. I am linking up with her, and you should too!

button

5 comments:

  1. Definitely know you're an athlete, hard work always means talent!! Excited for you to start physical therapy. At first I thought you were gonna say you were excited because the instructor was hot..haha! Keep up the hard work and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may also be gaining due to fluid that is in the surgery area. The body produces extra fluids to help heal the site. So once you're really walking around more it will disappear. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job girl... I know it can't be easy not being able to work out. I also know that if I was stuck on the couch I would be eating everything and anything in sight, so the fact that you're not really gaining through this ordeal is HUGE in my book! Hope your first PT appt. went well this am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job considering you can't work out :) and um, I LOVE fruitloops :)

    Keep the hard work up, you'll be so grateful you did when you can finally start working out and doing what you need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. Stopping by from Meg's blog sponsorship post!! First off you are amazing!! I'm on the weight loss train myself. Started today!! :). Keep up the good work!! Don't let your knee make you feel bad!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...